Thank you to Emma and all who attended for a fantastic webinar last week. As promised please find below links to Emma’s slides used in the session, a recording of the webinar and some further reading in the area.
Look forward to seeing you all in another TLC soon.
Many thanks, TLC team.
Books and Journal Articles
- GOOD PLACE TO START -> Whitmore, J. (2009). Coaching for performance: GROWing human potential and purpose: The principles and practice of coaching and leadership (4th ed.). London: Nicholas Brealey.
- Bettinger, E., & Baker, R. (2014). The Effects of Student Coaching. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 36(1), 3-19.
- Blakey, J., Day, Ian, CIPD, & Ebrary, Inc. (2012). Challenging coaching: Going beyond traditional coaching to face the facts. London; Boston: Nicholas Brealey Pub.
- Bluckert, P. (2006). Psychological dimensions of executive coaching. Maidenhead: OU/McGraw Hill.
- Bird, J. (2015). The are of coaching. Routledge
- Cooperrider, D. L., Whitney, D., & Stavros, J. M. (2008). Appreciative Inquiry Handbook For Leaders of Change (2nd ed.). Brunswick, USA: Crown Custom Publishing.
- Downey, M. (1999). Effective coaching (Orion business toolkit). London: Orion Business.
- Fletcher, S., & Mullen, Carol A. (2012). SAGE handbook of mentoring and coaching in education. Thousand Oaks, Calif.; London: SAGE.
- Gallwey, T. (1974). The Inner Game of Tennis (1st ed). New York: Random House
- Goleman, D. (1998). Working with emotional intelligence. London: Bantam Books.
- Goleman, D., Boyatzis, Richard E, & McKee, Annie. (2004). Primal leadership: Learning to lead with emotional intelligence. Boston, Ma.: Harvard Business School Press.
- Grover, S., & Furnham, A. (2016). Coaching as a Developmental Intervention in Organisations: A Systematic Review of Its Effectiveness and the Mechanisms Underlying It. PLOS ONE, PLOS ONE , 11 (7).
- Kimsey-House, K., Kimsey-House, H., Sandahl, P., & Whitworth, L. (2011). Co-Active Coaching (3rd ed.). London: Nicholas Brealey Publishing.
- Landsberg, M. (2003). The Tao of Coaching: Boost Your Effectiveness at Work by Inspiring and Developing Those Around You. Profile Books.
- Rogers, J. (2008). Coaching Skills: a handbook, Maidenhead: OU/McGraw Hill.
- Stork, A. (2015). Becoming an Outstanding Personal Tutor. Critical Publishing Ltd
- Van Nieuwerburgh, C. (2012). Coaching in education: Getting better results for students, educators, and parents (Professional coaching series). London: Karnac Books.
- UK and Australian universities ‘more stressful than Uganda’ https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/uk-and-australian-universities-more-stressful-than-uganda
- Half of UK academics ‘suffer stress-linked mental health problems’ https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/half-uk-academics-suffer-stress-linked-mental-health-problems
- Listening skills http://www.coactive.com/learning-hub/fundamentals/res/FUN-Topics/FUN-Co-Active-Coaching-Skills-Listening.pdf
- 10 models useful for teaching & coaching https://sway.com/fSUKkGd7MqEgidUs
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council https://www.emccuk.org/
- Association for Coaching http://www.associationforcoaching.com
- Flipped learning and relationship with coaching https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/enhancement/starter-tools/flipped-learning-0
- Brief overview of coaching http://www.skillsyouneed.com/learn/coaching.html
- CfBT Education Trust, Coaching for Teaching and Learning http://www.ncl.ac.uk/cflat/news/documents/5414_CfT_FINALWeb.pdf
- Online Johari window http://kevan.org/johari
- CIPD Coaching and Buying Coaching Services: A Guide http://www.cipd.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/C31A728E-7411-4754-9644-46A84EC9CFEE/0/2995coachbuyingservs.pdf
- Coaching for research in UK higher education institutions: a review. Vitae Report. https://www.vitae.ac.uk/vitae-publications/reports/coaching-report-2012-vitae.pdf